I’m regularly on the lookout for quick meatless meals that I can whip up during the week. This eggless vegetable burger made with warm sage, crunchy nuts and vibrant carrots is a new go-to of mine.
Warm Sage Vegetable Burgers
Serving Size: 4 (350 calories per serving, with 1 English Muffin)
1 15 ounce can of chickpeas (~2 cups)
2 cups carrots, shredded
2 sprigs fresh sage, stems removed, roughly chopped
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon sea salt and pinch pepper
2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
splash extra-virgin olive oil
For the assembly
4 English Muffins
1 cup baby spinach (optional)
Learn more about the better-for-you ingredients in this recipe:
Chickpeas – Chickpeas are a member of the legume family. They are rich in fiber and are a popular source of protein in veggie-centric diets. One serving (1/2 cup) offers ~6g of protein .
In a small skillet over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and sage leaves. Let the sage leaves and oil toast up for ~ 2-3 minutes. When the sage leaves start to look slightly translucent turn off the heat.
In a food processor, combine chickpeas, carrots, warm sage, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Pulse the mixture until you have a thick, chunky consistency. Transfer mixture into a bowl and fold the in walnuts and almonds. Form mixture into four patties and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat add the butter (or coconut oil). You’ll want a nice hot pan so you can get a good crust on the burgers. Add the patties and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the bottoms begin to brown. Make sure not to flip the burgers too much or else they’ll fall apart!
Serve patties on a toasted English Muffin with a small handful of baby spinach. I like mine with a warm patty of butter and a pinch of salt. Enjoy!
- Spa Meals: Asparagus Chickpea Burgers
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Cozy Whipped Cauliflower & Thyme
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Warm Carrot Salad
- Spa Meals: Vibrant Spring Green Salad
- Spa Meals: Falafel Pockets
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Thyme Quinoa Salad
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Vibrant Green Juice
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Healthy Detox Salad
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Quick and Easy Vegetable Burgers
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Rice Soup with Sage
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
- Roasted Chickpeas With Garlic & Sage
- Broccoli and "Cheese" Soup
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Shiitake Noodle Soup
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Oven Roasted Potatoes With Hot Chili Sauce