Over the last few weeks, I’ve been experimenting with a few different one-pot meal ideas. This one is made with protein-rich quinoa and broccoli. It’s quick, delicious and easy to make. It also has a vibrant finish (thanks to some tender baby spinach) that I just love. I can’t get enough of it. Let me know if you feel the same way. – Noelle
One-Pot Quinoa Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (550 calories per serving)
I’ve been making this meal for one, but it doubles and triples beautifully.
1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 cup water
1/2 cup broccoli, finely chopped
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 ounces good Feta cheese
Handful baby spinach, finely chopped
Sea salt, pepper
Learn more about the better-for-you ingredients in this recipe:
Quinoa – Quinoa (KEEN-wah) is actually not a grain but a type of seed. It provides a complete protein, making it a popular staple in veggie-focused diets. Quinoa contains ~6 grams of protein per 1/4 cup serving. Health beauties often swap in quinoa for rice in many recipes.
Bring water to a boil in a covered pot. Add the quinoa, cover, and lower the heat until it is just enough to maintain a simmer. Let simmer for 5-6 minutes. Add the broccoli and re-cover. Turn off the heat and allow to steam for 5 more minutes.
When the quinoa and broccoli are done, fluff, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, and pine nuts. Place into a bowl, fold in a few leaves of tender baby spinach (finely chopped). Top with creamy cubes of Feta cheese. Enjoy immediately!
- What You Didn't Know About Quinoa & A Recipe
- Meatless Monday: Quinoa Veggie Wraps
- Meatless Monday: Caprese Quinoa Salad
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Pesto Quinoa and Arugula Salad
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Wheatless Wednesdays: Quinoa Casserole
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 3 Must Try 'No Potato' Leek Soup Recipes - Vegan + Gluten Free
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Fish One-Pot
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Chicken Salad With Quinoa and Apricot Vinaigrette
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Healthy Quinoa Salad With Apricots and Almonds
- Quinoa Bread