Celebrity chef and TV personality Andrew Zimmern has been the dinner guest to a myriad of people through his show Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Now, he is sharing a few of the etiquette lessons he has learned along the way.
"The perfect dinner guest should be gracious and interested in the people around him or her," Zimmern says, adding that it is important for guests to know something about their host. "I want to learn from you. Being a good listener is all about asking a good question."
Zimmern also says it helps to know current news stories if you don't know the hosts very well, and it is always nice to create a connection by sharing family stories. "Sharing deep personal experiences that you've had connects you with other people."
Check out more of Zimmern's dinner party advice here. Do you have any other tips for dinner party goers?
- Andrew Zimmern to Launch Food Truck in Minnesota
- Andrew Zimmern's New York Food Diary
- Andrew Zimmern Says Richest Chefs List is 'Off Base'
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 3 Awesome Pumpkin DIY Projects
- Dinner Etiquette Turns Tableware Into Proper Attire
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Talks Snacking at Kids' Birthday Parties
- Sean "Diddy" Combs Teaches Bad Boy Staff to Use Chopsticks, Hold Wine Glasses
- Angelina Jolie Talks Family Dinner and Cooking Turkey
- Jimmy Fallon Hosts Family Dinner on Late Night Talk Show
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Tacos in mini cups
- French Vanilla Butter Cake With Raspberry Filling Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Bittersweet Ganache
- Creamy Polenta with Egg, Arrabiata & Bacon
- White Rocky Road Choc Crackles
- Valentine's Day Potted Plant Ice-Cream Desserts
- Asparagus Quiche
- Beef Goulash
- Blackberry Souffle
- Butterscotch Sauce