I found myself pulling up the first of the tiny dandelion leaves today. Not to throw away, but to saute in my daily side dish of greens that I serve each dinner time.
Try this fresh food that is growing right now, in every warm crevice it can find. Mine started early, along the outside of the rock wall that surrounds my greenhouse. There is another must try dandelion recipe that I wanted to share, this one from a Foodista reader. Dandelion Pesto is a piquant, rich flavored treat. You will surprise your family when you tell them the main ingredient came from the yard!
- Seasonal Eating: Leek Pesto
- Eat Your Flowers
- Rich Dandelion Pesto
- Meatless Monday: Spring Pea and Pesto Pizza
- Fresh Dandelion Pesto
- Crispy Socca Flatbread With Fresh Spring Pesto
- Delightful Spring Peas
- Spring Pesto Pasta with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- The Tookies Sugar Springs Buttercreme Cookie-Wiches Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Seasonal Eating: Grandma B's Rhubarb Cake