I found myself pulling up the first of the tiny dandelion leaves today. Not to throw away, but to saute in my daily side dish of greens that I serve each dinner time.
Try this fresh food that is growing right now, in every warm crevice it can find. Mine started early, along the outside of the rock wall that surrounds my greenhouse. There is another must try dandelion recipe that I wanted to share, this one from a Foodista reader. Dandelion Pesto is a piquant, rich flavored treat. You will surprise your family when you tell them the main ingredient came from the yard!
- Seasonal Eating: Leek Pesto
- Rich Dandelion Pesto
- Delightful Summer Asparagus Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Spring Pea and Pesto Pizza
- Fresh Dandelion Pesto
- Early Spring Food: Dandelion Greens
- Radical Rhubarb Delights
- 5 Fresh and Easy Ways to Eat Green Beans Outisde of the Casserole
- Crispy Socca Flatbread With Fresh Spring Pesto
- Spring Pesto Pasta with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Dandelion Green Salad
- Dandelion pesto
- Sauteed Italian Spring Greens: Looks like Grass, Tastes like Spinach but better!
- Parsley Pesto Green Beans
- Yummy Dandelion Greens
- Cod With Gremolata, Capers and Sauteed Beet Greens
- Green Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- Sweet Sesame Green Beans
- Spinach and Beet Green Salad With Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- Island Haddock simmered in a spicey green curry sauce, inspired by P.E.I.