No backyard BBQ is complete without a delicious potato salad. Two things make this potato salad recipe spectacular: the quick pickled red onions (so easy!) and fresh herbs. With springtime chive blossoms in full bloom, toss them in for added color!
Fingerling Potato Salad with Pickled Red Onions and Chive Blossoms
Gluten free and vegan
4 side servings
1 small red onion
Seasoned or unseasoned rice vinegar
1 small mesh bag of fingerling potatoes
Good quality extra virgin olive oil
A hearty handful of fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
A small punch of fresh chives, finely chopped
The flowers from 2 chive blossoms, optional
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Using a mandoline or chef's knife, thinly slice the onion. Cut rings in half and place in a small bowl. Cover with rice vinegar and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Scrub fingerlings under cool water and slice in half lengthwise. Steam (stovetop or in microwave) until tender but not mushy. Transfer to serving bowl and dress, to taste, with white vinegar and olive oil.
Remove onions from liquid and add to bowl. Add chopped herbs and chive blossoms (if using); season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve warm or chilled.
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- The Ultimate Diet Friendly Pizza
- 5 Beautiful Butternut Squash Casseroles - Gluten Free
- 5 Must Try Homemade Nut Butter Recipes
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Old School Vegan Egg Salad
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- Easy Millet Salad Recipe
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
- Southwestern Tortilla Soup
- Sweet and Savory Guacamole Cookies