Cooking potatoes in a crock pot gives you perfectly cooked, creamy mashed potatoes every time. No more guesswork! Toss this garlic buttermilk mashed potato recipe in the slow cooker, and use that free time to make some easy steakhouse pepper steaks.
Slow Cooker Garlic Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Courtesy of Mom On Timeout
3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
2-3 cups water
5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 Tbls butter
1/2-3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2-3/4 cup sour cream
3 green onions, sliced (optional)
Scrub potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces. The smaller potatoes I just throw straight in.
Combine potatoes, garlic, and salt in slow cooker. Add water just until covered.
Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until potatoes are nice and tender.
Drain potatoes and return to slow cooker.
Mash potatoes and add butter, buttermilk, and sour cream. Continue mashing adding buttermilk or sour cream as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with green onions if desired.
- Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup with Homemade Croutons
- Easy Dinner Recipe: Slow Cooker Potato and Corn Chowder
- 5 Hearty Meat and Potatoes Meals
- Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- Smoky Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
- 3 Must Try Garlic Mashed Potato Recipes
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- The New Indian Slow Cooker + Spiced Rice with Potatoes and Peas
- Sensational Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken with Cauliflower Couscous
- 5 More Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Easy Slow Cooker Artichoke Garlic Chicken
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Garlic and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Crockpot Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Hearty and Healthy; Steak, Mushroom and Rice Stew
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Garlic and Herb Pork Roast With Potatoes, Wilted Spinach, and Cooling Cucumber Cream
- How to Roast a Chicken in a Crockpot
- Crock Pot Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup