Hemp ice cream is a vegan dessert that you can feel good about eating. Coconut cream and milk are pureed with hemp seeds to form the base of this dessert. Hemp seeds are considered to be a complete protein and rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. You can serve this sweet treat with chopped nuts, fresh mango or candied coconut.
Hemp Ice Cream (Vegan)
Recipe from Scoopsies
yields 1 pint
14 oz. coconut cream
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 cup hulled hemp seeds
1/2 cup + 2 tbl cane sugar
1/4 tsp. guar gum
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Mix the coconut cream and coconut milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture starts to simmer, pour it into a food processor with the hemp seeds and blend on high until the seeds are thoroughly mixed in.
Pour the blended mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat.
Mix together the cane sugar and guar gum in a small bowl, then pour into coconut milk and cream mixture. Stir frequently.
Once mixture starts to simmer, remove from heat and still in vanilla extract. Stir for about 30 seconds.
Let cool to room temperature, transfer to a container, cover with plastic wrap, and let ripen in refrigerator for at least eight hours.
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- 4 Fabulous Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Recipes
- Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- Vegan Almond Cherry Ice Cream
- 5 Perfect Apple Granita Recipes
- Top 10 Tuesday: Sumptuous Sorbets
- Seasonal Sunday: 5 Best Herb Infused Sorbets
- Ingredient of the Week: Chia Seeds
- 6 Must Try Cocktail Popsicle Recipes
- Super Easy Vegan Eggnog Shake
- Vegan Blueberry "Ice Cream"
- Hemp Butter Recipe + Hemp Ice Cream
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Easy Snow Ice Cream
- Toasted Vegan Almond-Cherry Ice Cream
- Grilled Peaches With Blueberry Ice Cream
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Homemade Dulce De Leche Ice Cream (Eggless!)
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Peach Ice Cream Cake