Question: Why don't stores sell beet tops (greens).
February 11, 2011
Our local produce farm, farmer's markets and grocery stores cut the tops off of the beets and throw them (the tops) away. I would rather eat the tops and throw the root away. When I asked about the tops at the local farm, they told me that they cut the tops off in the field and only send the roots to their little market. Why?
Most Recent Questions
by licia harrie
- Why Don't The Pictures and The Recipes Match Up?
- Why don't Italians eat Spaghetti & Meatballs?
- Why Don't We Just Eat Invasive Species We Need to Get Rid Of?
- Why Don't I Look Like A Fitness Model Yet Blackline Elite
- Don't just listen to me let's go right to the very top here
- Prune Cake - Don't Turn Up Your Nose, It's Better Than You'd Ever Think!!!
- 'Eat It Don't Tweet It' Music Video Pokes Fun at Overzealous Food Bloggers
- Kate Upton: 'I Don't Want to Starve Myself'
- Lady Gaga Causes Controversy with 'Pop Stars Don't Eat' Tweet
- Stephen Colbert: American's Don't Even Use Plates