<< Back to Questions
The happy feeling you get while eating it must count for something.
Yes! Agreed :)
It's also much lower in fat than milk chocolate.
Yes. It is great for you and your heart (and blood pressure) and is full of antioxidants. Just a small piece a day will do the job!
From Health Benefits of Chocolate, By Mark Stibich, Ph.D.:
"Dark chocolate is good for your heart. A small bar of it everyday can help keep your heart and cardiovascular system running well. Two heart health benefits of dark chocolate are:
* Lower Blood Pressure: Studies have shown that consuming a small bar of dark chocolate everyday can reduce blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure.
* Lower Cholesterol: Dark chocolate has also been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) by up to 10 percent.
Other Benefits of Dark Chocolate:
Chocolate also holds benefits apart from protecting your heart:
* it tastes good
* it stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
* it contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant
* it contains theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants
Dark chocolate has far more antioxidants than milk or white chocolate. These other two chocolates cannot make any health claims."
Remember, dark chocolate should have at least 65 % cocoa in its composition. The taste may seem a bit odd in the beginning, after all it's an acquired taste. Start with 65% and increase the cocoa content gradually.
Yes!!! And red wine!!! (Moderation of course;)).
Yes, dark chocolate is high in antioxidants; studies have shown that dark chocolate can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.