Applebee's Accidentally Serves Infant a Margarita

April 11, 2011

This is probably every parent's worst nightmare. An Applebee's restaurant located just outside of Detroit accidentally served a 15-month infant a margarita instead of the apple juice his parents ordered him. Taylor Dill-Reese noticed her son, Dominic, acting strangely after a few sips from the cup and tasted its contents. She discovered the cup actually contained alcoholic margarita mix.

Dominic's parents rushed him to the hospital where doctors discovered he had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .10, which is over the legal driving limit for adults. Dill-Reese said the incident is particularly alarming because no one at their table ordered any alcohol. Thankfully, Dominic is okay after being checked out in the hospital. A manager apologized to the family, and the company pledged to conduct their own investigation of the incident.

Has anything like this ever happened to you? Have you been served something unexpected or dangerous because of food allergies, religious reasons, etc.? Should the parents file a lawsuit?

Photo by PunkJR