Red velvet has grown to become a favorite cake flavor among foodies with a sweet tooth. This scrumptious treat would make a great dessert for Valentine's Day, or any other day of the week for that matter! And who better to provide the recipe than the domestic Goddess herself, Martha Stewart?
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon red gel-paste food color
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- cream cheese frosting
Check out the rest of this Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe here.