These classic French desserts are a testimony to the centuries spent perfecting the art of making pastry. Indulge for a day and try one of these recipes.
Crepes Suzette Can be served as dessert or as a sweet morning treat.
Crème Caramel You may know this dessert by other names such as flan or crema catalana.
Cherry Clafouti The classic is made with pears but the contrast in colors are lovely in this dessert.
Meyer Lemon Soufflè This dessert is light as air and melts the second it hits your tongue.
Cream Puff If you don't want to go through the fuss of dipping the cream puffs in chocolate, dust with powered sugar.
Tarte Tatin Traditionally made with apples but plums and peaches are also delicious.
Chocolate Pots de Crème For Mocha flavored Pots de Crème just add coffee.
Vanilla Crème Brûlée This custard is finished with a caramelized sugar topping. Nothing beats the sound of that first crack.
Photo By: DolceDanielle
- Sweet Pink Eclairs for Mother's Day
- How-To Recipe: Pear Tarte Tatin
- Easy Pear Tarte Tatin
- Perfect Petite Pumpkin Cream Puffs
- Fabulously French Apple Tarte Tatin
- Easy Chocolate Eclairs
- How -To Recipe: Caramel Chocolate Pot de Creme
- How to Make Silky Smooth Creme Brulee
- Lovely Vanilla Honey Pots de Creme
- Luxurious Coffee Pot de Creme
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Orange Creme Fraiche
- Chocolate Pots De Creme
- Almond Plum Cake with Creme Fraiche
- French Toast With Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Ffwd: Fresh Orange Pork Tenderloin
- Pumpkin Crème Soup with Shrimp, Cream Cheese and Basil
- Roasted Corn on the Cobb
- Ffwd: Fresh Tuna, Machengo and Basil Pizza, gluten free and on the grill
- Ffwd: Swordfish with frilly carrot and herb salad