British Family Gets Sick Salad Surprise

November 17, 2011

A British family found a sick surprise while enjoying a Tesco read-to-eat salad mix when they discovered a dead bird in the package.  Paul Streeter, his partner, Julie, and their three children were enjoying a pizza dinner and some salad when Julie made the shocking discovery. A strict vegetarian, she said she was seconds away from eating it. 

"She just screamed and went to be sick. I took the bird and the bag of salad straight back to the store - I was furious. We are owed some compensation for this," Streeter said. 

A company spokesman said, "We take matters of this kind extremely seriously and are very disappointed to learn of this incident. Ensuring our food is of the highest quality is extremely important to us and we and our suppliers have robust systems in place to prevent foreign objects getting into products." They said they have apologized to the customer and removed the bird. 

 

Image Sources:

.

Check out Foodista - Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome

 

Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!