Ever wonder why the Irish go bananas for the potato? This infographic from GoIreland suggests that it's more about health and nutrition than taste.
Aside from being virtually fat-free, one spud provides your body with complex carbohydrates that are released slowly into the bloodstream, reducing insulin spikes. And most of a potato's fiber and nutrients are concentrated beneath its skin, so don't peel it!
Check out the full infographic for all the fun facts about the potato's history and nutritional benefits.
- Infographic: The Benefits of Vegetable Oil
- Infographic: 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli
- The Health Benefits of Sushi [infographic]
- Cooking with Sweet Potatoes: 5 Savory Recipes to Prepare this Fall
- Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- 3 Must Try 'No Potato' Leek Soup Recipes - Vegan + Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Sweet 'n Spicy Honey Roasted Potatoes
- Vegetarian Recipe: Sweet Potato Burger with Chipotle and Roasted Garlic
- Bacon & Potato Soup, Gluten Free & Dairy Free