Get all the sweet, salty, sour and spicy you need in this refreshing Thai citrus salad. Grapefruits, oranges and lime zest are the citrus stars, with garlic, spicy chili and a little fish sauce lighting up the rest of your tastebuds!
Thai Grapefruit and Orange Citrus Salad
Courtesy of Jeanette's Healthy Living
2 pink grapefruits, segmented and cut into bite size pieces
2 oranges, segmented and cut into bite size pieces
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1-2 Thai chili peppers, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon organic sugar
1/2 cup cilantro
In a bowl, mix together grapefruit and orange segment pieces.
Add lime zest, lime juice, garlic, shallot, chili peppers, fish sauce and sugar, and toss together. Refrigerate for half an hour, and up to 8 hours.
Before serving, add cilantro and toss gently.
- Summer Salads to Keep You Fit Throughout the Season
- Foodie Fun: Strawberry Bananas
- Refreshing Thai Green Papaya Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad
- 5 Super Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes
- Easy Salad Idea: Citrus Shallot Dressing
- Light and Healthy Thai Broccoli Salad Bowls
- Easy Citrus Spinach Salad
- Easy Thai Beef Salad
- Winter Recipe: Pear, Grapefruit, and Gorgonzola Salad