Nigari Extra Firm Tofu
There are two different types of tofu available in the market, the firm rough type and the soft silky type.
Nigari Extra Firm Tofu is from the firm, rough type. It is made with "Nigari". Nigari is a tofu coagulant that is most commonly used in Japan; it’s magnesium chloride with other trace minerals. Gypsum or calcium sulfate is used in China. Nigari makes a firmer tofu, it is is available powdered or flaked.
Firm tofu is usually simmered, stir-fried or deep fried in dishes.
With much of the moisture pressed out of it, this kind of light yellow tofu holds it shape and absorbs marinades better than firm tofu. It's the best choice for grilling.
Selecting and Buying
Preparation and Use
Grilled Marinated Tofu
Grilled tofu marinated with soy based sauce.
Salad Greens with Tofu
Conserving and Storing
store in air tight container in the refrigerator in cool temperatures.
- Nigari Hard Tofu
- Firm Tofu
- How To Lose Extra Weight - Secrets To Lose Extra Weight Naturally
- Firm Polenta
- How Do You Make Firm Goat Cheese?
- Steamed Firm Beancurd With Egg And Preserved Turnip
- Law Firm Drops Taco Bell Beef Lawsuit
- Lifts and firms Sagging Skin
- Can Be Your Natural Skincare Firm Really Normal?
- Extra-Spicy Gingersnaps