Question: How Dangerous Is It To Eat A Muffin In Terms Of Food Poisoning?

February 22, 2010


Anonymous's picture

Food Poisoning is caused by various pathogenic bacteria, viruses, prions or parasites.In case of a muffin when it is exposed bakery display case lamps and the fluorescent lighting causes dehydration from the heat and UV radiation emitted by these lights. This loss of moisture causes muffins to become stale prematurely. Such muffins taste rancid, stale, metallic, or cardboardy. This acceleratse the growth of food borne pathogens, which makes the muffin full of harmful chemicals and microorganisms which can cause consumer illness. Therefore a muffin can be consumed fresh, if not it can be a reason for food poisoning.