Question: Help with homemade syrup?
January 22, 2013
Couple of questions actually. Trying to keep it natural, why does everyone else..Aunt Jamima, Log Cabin, etc..use a bunch of preservatives? Do you need to have those in order to have a 1-2 year shelf life? Should it be kept in the fridge once it is opened? Can you use natural acids such as cream of tarter, lemon or brown sugar to keep the sugar from crystallizing? Once it is unsealed (opened) will it cut down on the shelf life? We are trying to make homemade syrup and market it at a natural food store. We are using a flavored water base if that is any help. Any thoughts and suggestions, KNOWLEDGE, would be so very helpful. Thank you.
Most Recent Questions
- Where Can I Find Elderflower Syrup?
- Homemade Coffee Syrup
- Homemade Marshmallows
- DIY Homemade Chai Concentrate
- Homemade Snow Cone Syrup
- Homemade Gin Kit: What a great idea!
- How many calories are there in Lactulose syrup?
- April Fool's Prank Turns Torani Chicken 'n Waffles Syrup into Reality
- All Natural Caffeinated Maple Syrup Will Wake You Up for Breakfast
- 50 Cent Enlists the Help of Celebrity Friends to Help Fight Starvation