Question: How do you correct a bitter citrus after-taste in a homemade worcestershire sauce?
May 31, 2011
We apparently added too much orange zest too early in the reduction process and now our Worcestershire sauce has a bitter after taste. We tried adding tomato paste to counteract the bitterness and this seemed to help but the sauce is still just not "right". Any suggestions beyond starting over? We would love to salvage this if possible.
Most Recent Questions
- What Temperature Is Correct For Holding Hollandaise Sauce?
- Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
- Can You Refreeze Homemade Tomato Sauce?
- Must Find Absinthes-Cocktails and Tasting Notes!
- I don't like to taste liquor without food!
- Homemade Gin Kit: What a great idea!
- How Much Worcestershire Sauce Should I Put In A Pot Of Chili?
- How Much Cider Vinegar Should I Use For The Worcestershire Sauce From Scratch Recipe?
- How Much Cider Vinegar Should I Use For Worcestershire Sauce From Scratch
- Worcestershire Sauce