August 23, 2012
Enjoy the last days of summer with this delicious vegan almond cherry ice cream. The base of this frozen treat is coconut milk but you can also use a combination of almond milk as well to heighten the almond flavor. Scoop this ice cream into a cone or bowl and eat with family and friends.
3 cups organic unsweetened coconut milk (Cold)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup lightly toasted almonds, diced with skins on
To toast almonds:
Dice each almond into about 6 pieces. Leave skins on.
Toast almonds in pan with 1/2 tsp. olive oil. Watch and stir carefully.
To the blender add your package of unfrozen cherries.
There will be a little liquid in the bag.
Save a few cherries to sprinkle on top as well.
Pulse the blender a few times to roughly chop the cherries- You want them to remain in chunks in the ice cream
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- 5 Perfect Apple Granita Recipes
- 4 Fabulous Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Recipes
- Top 10 Tuesday: Sumptuous Sorbets
- Seasonal Sunday: 5 Best Herb Infused Sorbets
- 5 Must Try No Bake Nectarine Recipes
- Ingredient of the Week: Chia Seeds
- 5 Ingredient Coconut Strawberry Ice Pops
- More Weird Ways to Use Cherries
- Super Easy Vegan Eggnog Shake