I love these vegetable burgers because they are made with just a few ingredients, come together quickly, and they are tasty too!
Quick and Easy Vegetable Burgers
Serving Size: 2 (450 calories per serving, with 1 piece toast)
1/2 cup split green peas, dry
1 medium carrot, trimmed, shredded
2 green onions, ends trimmed, diced
1 organic egg (or use a chia-seed egg replacement to make vegan-friendly)
2-3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon sea salt and pinch pepper
1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil (a personal favorite!)
for the assembly
2 pieces whole wheat or sprouted grain toast (optional)
1 cup baby spinach (optional)
Learn more about the better-for-you ingredients in this recipe:
Split green peas – Split green peas are a member of the legume family. They are rich in fiber and are a popular source of protein in veggie-centric diets. One serving offers ~12g of protein.
Place peas in 1 cup of water in a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 25-35 minutes until tender.
In a food processor, combine cooked peas, carrots, egg, salt and pepper. Pulse the mixture until you have a thick, chunky consistency. Transfer mixture into a bowl and fold the in breadcrumbs and onion. Form mixture into two patties and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat add the butter (or coconut oil). You’ll want a nice hot pan so you can get a good crust on the burgers. Add the patties and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the bottoms begin to brown. Make sure not to flip the burgers too much or else they’ll fall apart!
Serve patties on a piece of toasted bread with a small handful of baby spinach. I like mine with a touch of Dijon mustard. E
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Healthy Detox Salad
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 15 Minute Spa Meals: Warm Sage Vegetable Burgers
- Spa Meals: Asparagus Chickpea Burgers
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Meatless Monday: 5 Gluten Free Greek Recipes To Try
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- 5 Savory Pumpkin Recipes to Love
- Haters to Lovers 5 Best Cauliflower Recipes
- Walnut Lentil Burgers with Tarragon
- Red Lentil and Quinoa Veggie Burger
- Lentil & Black Bean Burgers
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Black Bean, Salsa and Cheddar Taquitos with an Avocado Dipping Sauce
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Curry Lentil & Eggplant Lettuce Tacos
- Spinach Cheese Tortellini
- Black Bean, Caramelized Onion & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- Caramelized Cauliflower