Yogurt is a truly amazing food: a good source of protein, calcium, probiotics, enzymes and other essential nutrients! Naturally gluten free and sometimes tolerable for those with lactose/dairy troubles, yogurt is for so much more than parfaits and granola! Of its many awesome properties, yogurt makes for particularly tenderizing marinades, refreshing dressings and cooling condiments or sauces. Here are a few of my favorite savory (and gluten free!) yogurt recipes to inspire and delight!
Chicken Souvlaki with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Classic Greek street food, souvlaki are super tasty chicken skewers with a refreshing yogurt sauce.
Tandoori Grilled Chicken
Chicken marinated and yogurt and spices and then grilled for super moist meat that is bursting with flavor.
DIY Beef Schwarma
Mediterranean street food at its finest - the cousin of the kebab, schwarma is yogurt-marinated meat (beef, chicken, pork) that is grilled and served on pita to make a gyro (yee-roh) sandwich.
A traditional Greek sauce of yogurt, cucumbers and spices - addictive, for sure
Fennel Mint Raita
The Indian cousin of tzatziki using fennel instead of cucumbers and a different blend of spices - the perfect foil for spicy foods!
Curried Carrot Salad
With a yogurt-currant dressing - oh so tasty!
Yogurt Mint Tagliatelle
A perfect summertime pasta dish, light and refreshing.
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- 5 Tasty Thai Curries
- Celiac Saturday: Tasty Thai Curries
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Brownies, a simple recipe for a seasonal sensation
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Paella Catalane With Mussels, Squid & Crevettes
- TWD: Johnny Cake Cobbler, with a dash of cranberries
- Spiced Raisin Bread with a hint of maple