These meatless Mexican tacos shared by Betty Crocker may not be authentic but they sure are delicious. Roasted cauliflower and crispy chickpeas are seasoned with warm Mexican herbs and spices including chili powder, cumin, and vibrant oregano. Each taco is topped with a unexpectedly awesome pesto made by blending cilantro and pepitas (pumpkin seeds). Frozen mango COCOrita wash down the whole meal. Try something different this Cinco de Mayo and make these vegetarian tacos.
1 medium head cauliflower (2 lb), separated into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Crispy Chick Peas:
1 can (15 oz) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground oregano
2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
1/3 cup pepitas
1 very small clove garlic, cut in half
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño chiles
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup olive oil
8 gluten-free white corn tortillas, heated as directed on package
Heat oven to 425°F. Place cauliflower florets in large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir until evenly coated. Arrange on large cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cauliflower is tender and browned.
Meanwhile, mix crispy chick peas ingredients. Spread on 15x10x1 inch pan. Bake 15 minutes; stir. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chick peas are slightly browned and crispy.
Meanwhile, in food processor, place all pesto ingredients except for oil. Cover; process using quick on-and-off motions. With food processor running, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup oil through feed tube, stopping halfway through to stir mixture with spatula. Remove pesto to small bowl.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon pesto on each tortilla; top with about 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower and 1 tablespoon crispy chick peas. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve with remaining chick peas.
1 1/2 cups coconut water
3 oz tequila blanco
1 oz orange liqueur
1 fresh lime
2 T. agave nectar
1 1/2 cups chopped mango
Pour 1 1/2 cups coconut water into standard ice cube tray; freeze.
In blender, add 3 oz blanco tequila, 1 oz clear orange-flavored liqueur, 1 oz fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons light agave nectar and 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mango.
Cover; blend until smooth. Add coconut water ice cubes; blend until smooth. Pour into glasses; garnish with mango or lime slices.
Makes 4 drinks.
*Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Sizzling Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Vegan Black Bean Tacos
- Vegetarian Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Tofu Tacos
- Vegetarian Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Tofu Enchiladas
- Gluten-Free + Vegan Chipotle and White Bean Burritos
- Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Burrito
- Scrumptious Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Quick Taco Salad Recipe
- Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
- Baked Tacos
- Carb Heaven Crispy Potato Tacos
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries
- Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed W/spicy Biryani (Veg/vegan)
- Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- It’s A Cold Night Fideo Soup
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad