April 3, 2013
A sushi dinner can cost you a pretty penny but if you make it at home, it is cost effective and just as delicious. These rice-less spicy tuna hand rolls are the perfect dish for beginners. Chopped tuna is mixed with spicy mayonnaise and paired with cucumbers and scallions. Avocado would also be a tasty addition to this hand roll.
Recipe Courtesy of Nibbles by Nic
1/2 lb fresh sashimi grade Tuna diced finely (It’s raw; get the freshest fish you could possible find.)
1-2 tablespoon reduced fat Mayonnaise
1-2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce (depending upon how spicy you like)
1 scallion chopped into small pieces
3 sheets sushi nori; (seaweed) cut in half (Find in Whole Foods, Fairway or any local specialty market)
1/2 Persian Cucumber sliced into thin strips.
wasabi paste (optional)
pickled ginger for garnish
reduced sodium soy sauce for dipping
1. In a small bowl mix together mayo and chili sauce until thoroughly combined. (Reserve a tad to use as “glue” to secure the hand roll.)
2. Add in diced tuna and scallions. Stir all together until the tuna is nice and coated.
3. Now take the Nori and lie it flatly on the counter. Take a couple tablespoons of the spicy tuna mixture and spread it on 1 side of the Nori Wrapper.
4. Place cucumber slices on top of the tuna in a diagonal form since you will be making a cone shape.
5. Carefully roll into a cone and place a dab of the reserved may on the edge of the nori to glue it all together.
6. Serve with wasabi, ginger & soy sauce. Enjoy!!!
- A Lesson in Sushi: How to Make a Hand Roll
- Spicy Tuna Bowl
- A Lesson in Sushi: 3 Ways to Make a California Roll
- Hong Kong Chefs Roll 36-Meter Sushi Roll to Promote Japanese Food and Tourism
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Radically Different Ramen Roll
- Sticky Rice Restaurant Sends Sushi Roll Into Space
- Kitchen Secrets Video: Tuna Breakdown
- 5 Foodie Cufflinks
- Must-Try Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls
- Tuna Sashimi
- Tuna Teriyaki
- Rice-less Spicy Tuna Hand Rolls
- Tuna and Salmon Nori-Maki
- Yuan Yang Crispy & Crunchy Hong Kong Kailan
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Bread Machine Apple Breakfast Buns
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Braised Pork Bellies With Abalone In Claypot
- Marlin Teriyaki