This naturally gluten free & Mediterranean inspired dish is perfect for summer! Using fresh herbs, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar -- all the flavors of summer in one simple, elegant entree.
Pasta with Fresh Sage and Grilled Tomatoes
1 1/2 pounds fresh, firm tomatoes (pear or Roma)
1 pound uncooked gluten free pasta (fusilli, rotini, penne)
2 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat a grill over medium coal or flame. Cut the stems/stem ends out of the tomatoes, but leave the fruit whole. Grill the tomatoes for 30 minutes, turning occasionally until they are soft and slightly charred.
Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil. When the tomatoes are almost done, add the pasta and cook until al dente (7-12 minutes, according to package instructions).
Place the charred tomatoes, sage, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor. Puree for a minute or two until the sauce thickens, season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl, pour the sauce over the top and serve immediately. Optionally, top with grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Allergy Friendly Cooking: Gluten Free & Vegan Recipes
- Meatless Monday: 5 Gluten Free Greek Recipes To Try
- DIY Gluten Free Baba Ghanoush
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Meatless Monday - 5 Fabulously Gluten Free Side Dishes
- 5 Great Gluten Free Grits Recipes
- Butternut Squash and Zucchini Lasagna-Gluten free, Vegan
- Walnut Lentil Burgers with Tarragon
- Butternut Squash Gratin - gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Stuffed Delicata Squash - gluten free, vegan
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Imitation Whole Bowl Tali Sauce
- Tofu Vegetable Salad
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup