This naturally gluten free & Mediterranean inspired dish is perfect for summer! Using fresh herbs, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar -- all the flavors of summer in one simple, elegant entree.
Pasta with Fresh Sage and Grilled Tomatoes
1 1/2 pounds fresh, firm tomatoes (pear or Roma)
1 pound uncooked gluten free pasta (fusilli, rotini, penne)
2 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat a grill over medium coal or flame. Cut the stems/stem ends out of the tomatoes, but leave the fruit whole. Grill the tomatoes for 30 minutes, turning occasionally until they are soft and slightly charred.
Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil. When the tomatoes are almost done, add the pasta and cook until al dente (7-12 minutes, according to package instructions).
Place the charred tomatoes, sage, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor. Puree for a minute or two until the sauce thickens, season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl, pour the sauce over the top and serve immediately. Optionally, top with grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Meatless Monday: 5 Gluten Free Greek Recipes To Try
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Meatless Monday - 5 Fabulously Gluten Free Side Dishes
- Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Pates
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Meatless Monday: Chiles Rellenos
- Meatless Monday: Margarita Vegetables
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Pudding
- A Healthy & Tasty Banana Shake
- Cold Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Thai Coconut Curry Soup
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Rawssian Borscht