James Cromwell was recently interviewed by Take Part to talk about his love for animals and his vegan diet. The actor said he has been a vegetarian since the 1970's, but made the switch to veganism after filming Babe in 1995.
“I was doing a picture in Australia called Babe, working with a lot of animals and animal trainers. I cared about their welfare and then of course you have lunch and it’s all there in front of you, and I thought I should go the whole hog, so to speak," Cromwell said. "So I made that decision and kept that during the shooting. When I came back, I got involved with PETA, and of course the film opened and it was very successful.”
Cromwell says the switch isn't instantaneous, but by making an effort to be more mindful of the food you eat, you can gradually make the transition into veganism.
"If you care about the planet and you care about yourself and your own personal health, and you care about the life you are going to leave your children, it doesn’t take a cent. Start with one meal a day, then up it to one day a week, then one week a month. Work your way into not consuming animals and animal products and inform yourself. It doesn’t take anything at all, and it’s very easy to do."
- Travis Barker Credits 2008 Plane Crash for His Vegan Lifestyle
- Ozzy Osbourne is Trying his Hand at Veganism
- Paul McCartney Serves a Vegetarian Meal at his Wedding
- James Cameron Talks Going Vegan
- James Cameron Wants Environmentalists to go Vegan
- Go Dairy Free with Alisa Marie Fleming
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Travis Barker Goes Vegan
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- Healthy Salmon Caesar Salad Recipe
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup