The wonderfully heady aromas of India are found in this flavorful sweet and savory pakoras recipe. Orange and apple wedges are coated in a full-of-spice chickpea flour, masala and herb mixture then deep fried until golden brown. Serve these tasty bites with a sweet tomato and tamarind chutney or your favorite dipping sauce.
Hot Apple and Orange Pakoras With Herbs
Submitted to Foodista by My Creative Flavors
1 cup Chickpea Flour
2 teaspoons Rice Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Chat masala
1 teaspoon Grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon Parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon Basil flakes
1/4 teaspoon Rosemary
1/4 teaspoon Dill flakes
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 cup Water
1 cup Cooking oil
Tamarind and Tomato sauce for serving
Wash and pat dry the apples with kitchen towel.
Cut the fruits into wedges with a sharp knife or with apple slicer.
In a medium bowl take chickpea flour (besan), rice flour.
Mix well, add spices and herbs to taste plus baking powder.
Slowly stir in enough water until the mixture reaches the consistency of whipping cream.
Beat the batter well and set aside to coat the fruits.
In a heavy bottomed pan/skillet on the stove, heat oil.
Check the temperature of the oil by dropping a small drop of the batter in the oil.
If the oil is ready and hot, coat the apple wedge with the batter and drop it one by one in the hot oil.
Fry on medium heat till it turns golden brown from both sides.
Keep the wedges on the paper towel to soak the excess oil.
Repeat the process for orange and apple wedges by frying a few at a time until the entire material is used.
Serve it straight from the pan to the platter with sweet tomato and tamarind chutney for dipping the wedges.
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- Gluten Free Roasted Figs 3 Ways
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Playing With Your Food - 3 Healthy Snacks Moms and Kids Will Love!
- Chia Pet Pudding
- Meatless Monday: Celebrate Okra
- Vegetarian Recipe: Sweet Potato Burger with Chipotle and Roasted Garlic
- Young Coconut Avocado Smoothie
- Seasonal Sunday: 5 Best Herb Infused Sorbets
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
- Spicy Tofu Pakoras
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Gluten free focaccia
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers