Amongst my family members there are those who clearly favorite one or the other, and there are those that don't care, as long as it's pie. And then there are those who don't even like pie. My brother-in-law loves pumpkin pie, my husband's whole family really. Growing up they used to buy a stack of pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. I, on the other hand, love pecan pie. Specifically homemade. And guess what? November is Georgia Pecan Month, which I think speaks very highly of which is the better pie for Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, pumpkin is great. But pumpkin is better put to use in a cheesecake than a pie, in my humble opinion.
Which is your favorite pie, pumpkin or pecan? Maybe strike a compromise with Pumpkin Pecan Pie? Are you one of those no-pie people? Or do you serve an entirely different dessert at your Thanksgiving feast?
Photo by Cameron Nordhom
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Must-Make Handheld Pumpkin Pies
- Follow a Liquid Diet this Thanksgiving with Drinkable Apple Pie
- Stress-Free Pumpkin Pie and Other Easy Thanksgiving Desserts
- Food Fight: Pumpkin or Pecan Pie? Both! Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Pie Shots is an Efficient Way to Get Your Filling
- How to Avoid a Cracked Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Hassel-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe