(...or other heavy, heatproof object.) Naturally gluten free & dairy free, this classic dish is a cinch! Do you yearn for a perfectly cooked chicken? Crispy skin, tender and succulent meat, all evenly cooked to perfection? Well, if that's the case, look no further! Known as Pollo al Mattone (literally Chicken Under a Brick), this traditional Tuscan style of cooking poultry is for grilling or roasting and will produce the perfect bird every time.
Tuscan-Style Chicken Under a Brick (Pollo al Mattone)
Butterflied chicken grilled under the weight of a brick, with a rosemary and olive oil marinade.
Chicken Under a Brick - Skillet Style
From the New York Times, this recipe sears the chicken in a skillet or Dutch Oven (beneath the weight of another skillet -- think cast iron here!) before oven roasting - yum!
Asian Style Brick Chicken
Using Thai Basil and lemongrass, this dish is infused with classic Southeast Asian flavors - simply substitute gluten free soy sauce and voila!
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Steamed Artichokes with Roasted Pepper Aioli
- Low Carb Living: Eggs On The Run
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Low Carb Diet and Diabetes
- Low-Carb Chicken Breasts with Fresh Sage and Mushrooms
- Low Carb Mustard Recipes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Mustard & Thyme Butter
- Chicken Breast with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Caper Cream Sauce
- Savory Pumpkin Entree
- Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Gluten Free Pumpkin & Pepita Coffee Cake
- Sugar Free Gluten Free Mini Peppermint Cream Puffs
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Butter Cups