Wrap up National Mushroom Month with a selection of the most munchable (gluten free!) mushroom recipes around! A perfect vegetarian alternative to meat in many recipes, mushrooms are rich, meaty and full of flavor! Dried and rehydrated for soups and stews, or used fresh, there are so many different varities of mushrooms, each with its own unique flavor or texture: portabello, white button, cremini, oyster, shitake, morel, and of course, the king of mushrooms: truffles! From soups and tarts to traditional risotto and a classic dish reinvented, here are 6 must-try gluten free recipes to broaden your culinary horizons and celebrate your favorite fungi!
Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup
Why buy canned soup when you can make it at home? The rich and complex flavors of wild mushroom varietals are perfectly complimented by a simple yet flavorful broth! Be sure to use cornstarch (half the amount) or GF flour to thicken the broth in this recipe.
Wild Rice Risotto
This naturally gluten free recipe is an Italian classic.
Easy Herb-Stuffed Mushrooms
From the ever-fabulous Elana Amsterdam, these gluten free appetizers are bite sized bits of deliciousness!
Sauteed Mushrooms, Bacon and Lentils
A simple twist on a classic Spanish tapas recipe, this dish is perfect for autumn, winter and all year round!
Mushroom Tartlets with Artichoke Pesto
Homemade artichoke pesto, mascarpone cheese and your favorite combination of mushrooms make for a super simple, flavorful dish! Be sure to check out the gluten free puff pastry recipe (above)
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 3 Marvelously Gluten Free Morel Mushroom Recipes
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Must Try Apple Cider Roasted Carrots with Rosemary
- Radish, Cucumber & Chive Salad
- Mushroom Stuffed Peppers With Garlic and Yogurt Sauce
- Oyster Mushroom Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Chicken Breast with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Axler's Smoked Salmon Mushroom Caps
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- Okonomiyaki ("Japanese pancakes" or "Japaneses pizza")
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce