Like all leafy greens, cabbage is a super nutritious vegetable -- meant for so much more than bunny food and coleslaw! Cabbage has such a versatile food and comes in so many different varieties, it's truly amazing we don't cook with it more often! Crunchy and refreshing when raw, a perfect substitute for noodles in soups and stews and an excellent wrapper for spring rolls, etc. Perhaps surprisingly, cabbage is also quite nutritious: high in iron, calcium and the vitamin B group, it's a great choice for a natural source of vitamins and minerals. Here are 5 of my absolute favorite cabbage recipes, all gluten free, and simply sensational! Perfect for celebrating Vegetarian Awareness Month!
This traditional Sri Lankan recipe for cabbage curry puts a whole new spin on this crunchy green!
Cabbage & Corn Slaw with Cilantro Orange Dressing
This crisp, crunchy slaw recipe tastes good and is good for you!
Beet, Cabbage & Carrot Salad with Orange Pomegranate Dressing
With seeds, currants and an addictvely delicious dressing, this autumn salad is super healthy.
Charred Savoy Cabbage
A really different spin on cooking cabbage! This hash-style dish is crazy good. Vegetarian? Skip the prosciutto.
Cabbage Salad with Red Peppers, Olives, Green Chili and Basil
Spicy, salty and super refreshing, this fresh cabbage salad makes coleslaw look like a last resort!
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- What You Didn't Know About Quinoa & A Recipe
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
- Southwestern Tortilla Soup